Bringer of War 2015
On May 23rd of this year, Mongoose is throwing open its doors to host Bringer of War ’15, a one-day tournament for Warhammer 40,000.
Why Warhammer 40,000? Because here at Mongoose we love all games, not just our own, and we have been Warhammer fanatics for years!
You can download the full tournament pack HERE.
Players will take part in 3 games over the course of the day. We shall be using 7th edition rules, with 2 missions to be revealed on the day, and a chance to use an Altar of War mission of your choice.
How Do I Sign Up?
There are 24 places available on a first come, first served basis. The minimum age for players is 18 years, and the ticket price is £12. Payment can be made via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately we can only confirm your place once we have received your entry fee and tickets are non-refundable, so please make sure you can make it before committing to buying a ticket.
Where Is It?
This tournament will be located at Mongoose’s HQ, on the first floor of 52-54 Cricklade Road in Swindon.
The full address is:
52-54 Cricklade Road
You can find a map HERE.
Snacks and drinks are available on site, and there are several restaurants, cafes and fast food places within walking distance.
Are There Prizes?
Indeed there are. There will be a cup for the winner and Games Workshop have kindly donated prizes.
Cut to the Chase – What Armies can we use?
The following rules must be obeyed when creating an army for this tournament.
- Armies must be chosen to a maximum of 1,500pts.
- All current Codexes are permitted, including electronic-only editions such as Codex: Adepta Sorotitas and Imperial Armour army lists such as Ork Dread Mobs.
- All armies must be Battle-Forged. Codex-specific detachments (such as the Nemesis Strike Force from Codex: Grey Knights) are permitted.
- Allied detachments are permitted but no Come the Apocalypse allies may be taken.
- Formations and Dataslate units are permitted.
- An army may have a maximum of one Super Heavy or Gargantuan unit.
- Forge World units found in Imperial Armour books are permitted. Forge World units with only experimental rules are not.
Armies MUST be fully painted and based, which means a minimum of three base colours (not including undercoat), and at least sand or flock on the base.
There are rewards and penalties for painting. WYSIWYG is required, even for free upgrades.
If you have any questions about what is permitted and not, please feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll get right back to you!
We look forward to seeing you on the day!